Overview of our provision
Littlegreen School is a Special School with an age range of 7 -16 years that caters for pupils with Social, Emotional and Communication Difficulties.
These children have a range of needs including Autism, ADHD, OCD, Anixety, Dyslexia and Speech and Language delay.
Our Mission Statement:
A school where every individual is valued highly and where care and concern for others is central to our work. All our students are expected to achieve their full potential and become equipped for life beyond Littlegreen.
We believe that all pupils are entitled to:
- The best possible education and care for pupils with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- A broad, balanced and relevant curriculum tailored to their needs
- High quality teaching and learning
We are committed to and will endeavour to:
- Respect pupils’ rights as individuals, as pupils within the school and as members of the wider community, with reference to issues of culture, gender and religion.
- Promote spiritual, moral cultural and physical development of pupils
- Engender and foster good working relationships with parents and carers to encourage consistency and continuity in education, care and management.
- Foster good working relationships with other professionals and agencies as appropriate.
- Provide high quality advice and support to aid the reintegration of pupils to their local mainstream school or college
What range of pupil needs does the school provide for?
Littlegreen provides education, care, social development and therapeutic support to pupils who experience a range of difficulties in relation to social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH) including:
• Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
• Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) (a sub-type of ADHD)
• Asperger’s Syndrome (High level functioning)
• Autism (ASD) (where challenging behaviours are the primary need)
• Conduct Disorder (CD)
• Social Communication Disorders
• Attachment Disorder (AD)
• Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
• Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
• Speech and Language Difficulties.
We recognise that many conditions are applied to children and young people; we welcome discussion on how our school may be able to meet pupils’ needs.